Friday, May 8, 2009

Homeschool Tracking Software

The last week or two, I have spent time doing trial runs scheduling lessons using three different homeschool tracking programs. The three that I tried were Homeschool Tracker, Homeschool SkedTrack(which is online only), and Edu-Track. While I found Homeschool SkedTrack easy to use, it wasn't able to do all the things that I wanted it to do. I have tried Homeschool Tracker two different years and have never succeeded in successfully setting it up. Sometimes I think that my brain works on entirely different wavelength than this piece of software. I definitely feel the odd man out as it seems from my reading on homeschool boards that many people use this software successfully. Obviously, by now you realize that I have gone with Edu-Track. I have lessons scheduled for the rest of the school year for my oldest two children and plan to input lessons for my third child this weekend. It is nice to be able to just print out a daily assignment sheet for each child. I used to spend a lot of time every week preparing, by hand, individual weekly assignment sheets for each child. This will definitely save me time. I plan to use my time this summer inputting lessons for each child for the next school year, thus enabling me to have more time during the school year to spend teaching. Now for those that use all ABeka or all Bob Jones this isn't probably as necessary. But for one who uses quite a variety of curricula, I feel that it becomes rather necessary. I am also hoping that it will help to cut back on the piles of paperwork that seem to come with homeschooling.



1 comment:

Michele said...

Great review! My friend uses Edu-Track and loves it! I'll have to check it out.